Saturday 3 December 2016

More Reviews for Roswell Rising

I've had another wave of reviews on Amazon for Roswell Rising. My star count is now three 5-star ratings, one 2-star and, I'm glad to say, no additional 1-stars. Here is the text of the two additional reviews:

Roswell- a Novel of Tedium
I had been disappointed by this so-called hot young author from Wales before, but thought: Hey, everyone deserves a second chance, right? Wrong. Every single cliche in the Roswell mythology has been used and used again. I have a substandard IQ but even I was being patronised here. If there is a fourth book, and boy does the world not need it, I won't be purchasing.
Simian Disco

I had been looking forward to reading Ben's latest novel since he announced he was writing it and must say that I was not disappointed. I found the storyline gripping and thoroughly enjoyed all the unexpected plot twists which the author included. This is a fascinating novel which examines how different our modern day world may have been had the truth of the Roswell crash of July 1947 not been covered up by the government and military. Thanks for this excellent piece of work, Ben Emlyn-Jones, and I look forward to reading your next book if there is one planned.
Andy Young

Two very different assessments. I can well believe "Simian Disco" when he (I'll assume he's male) says his IQ is substandard. In fact I expect he has trouble tying the laces of his platform shoes and wondering which brand of teabags to drink. He even mistakenly gave me the 2-star rating when he probably meant to give me a 1-star. I don't know why he thought the book was full of cliches when I deviate very significantly from all previous works on the subject. I don't think I patronize the reader, whatever their intelligence quotient. Who has called me a "hot young author"? Why, that is really flattering! Thanks to Andy Young. He's a good friend of mine and I'm glad he enjoyed the book. Despite him knowing me, I told him to be honest in his opinion and I wouldn't take offence if it wasn't to his reading tastes. See here for the book's Amazon page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Roswell-Rising-Novel-Disclosure-Ben-Emlyn-Jones/0954222946.  

No comments:

Post a Comment